RENAME with different disk units

Toon Moene toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl
Thu Jul 20 12:40:00 GMT 2000


Tim Prince wrote:

> Actually, libf2c/libU77/rename_.c is a part of the gcc distribution, not
> even part of the libf2c, so it is maintained by us.  Whether it should
> work across drives, and to what extent this is target dependent, I don't
> know.  I would investigate, but I'm not able to spend time on this the
> next 2 weeks.  On first look, it depends on the C library rename()
> function, so then it would be an issue for the maintainers of the run
> time library including the instance of that function for the target in
> question.

Yep, I think this was what Eli wanted to point out: The (libc) rename
function that the libf2c/libU77/rename_.c uses can't rename over volumes
(or whatever file systems are called under DOS).

-- 
Toon Moene - mailto:toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG  Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
GNU Fortran 95: http://g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)


More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list