Problem with exception handling on x86 / am using "as" version 2.9.1
Alexandre Oliva
oliva@lsd.ic.unicamp.br
Tue Feb 22 13:02:00 GMT 2000
On Feb 19, 2000, Marc Espie <espie@quatramaran.ens.fr> wrote:
> Pray tell, assuming I want to upgrade a NON linux system to something
> reasonably recent, *WHAT* version of binutils am I supposed to use ?
> Do I have to dive into snapshots to find anything worthwhile ?
I've been using H.J.'s releases, and, besides a couple of minor
patches I had to install for Solaris7/sparc64 and one patch for
AIX4.1, most of it has been working quite well. Except for `strip',
that still crashes on a couple of platforms, such as HP/UX and IRIX6,
and `ld', that doesn't support -shared on IRIX6.
--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~oliva/ Enjoy Guaraná
Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company aoliva@{redhat, cygnus}.com
Free Software Developer and Evangelist CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp
oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org} Write to mailing lists, not to me
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list