gcc 2.95.2 build error
Robert Benites
benites@cs.unca.edu
Mon Feb 7 08:00:00 GMT 2000
gcc version: 2.95.2 with shlibstdc++ patch installed. The patch was
described "Host/Target specific installation notes for
GCC".
Environment: Compaq Tru64 UNIX 5.0 (with patch kit #1 installed)
configure command used:
../gcc-2.95.2/configure --enable-shared \
--enable-languages="c++,f77"
When I try to compile gcc, I see the error messages described at
the end of this message.
I posted to newsgroup gnu.gcc.help and have only received one "me too"
response. This indivudual also specified:
> Someone did say on another newsgroup that gcc wouldn't build: wait
> for the upcoming update.
Any suggestions about the current problem? Failing that, any idea of
when the "update" is due to be released?
Thanks!
-- Bob Benites
cc -c -DIN_GCC -DHAIFA -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I. -I../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc -I../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/config
-I../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/../include ../../gcc-2.95.2/gcc/c-iterate.c
cc -DIN_GCC -DHAIFA -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -o cc1 toplev.o version.o
tree.o print-tree.o stor-layout.o fold-const.o function.o stmt.o except.o
expr.o calls.o expmed.o explow.o optabs.o intl.o varasm.o rtl.o
print-rtl.o rtlanal.o emit-rtl.o genrtl.o real.o dbxout.o sdbout.o
warfout.o dwarf2out.o xcoffout.o bitmap.o alias.o gcse.o integrate.o
jump.o cse.o loop.o unroll.o flow.o stupid.o combine.o varray.o regclass.o
regmove.o local-alloc.o global.o reload.o reload1.o caller-save.o
insn-peep.o reorg.o haifa-sched.o final.o recog.o reg-stack.o
insn-opinit.o insn-recog.o insn-extract.o insn-output.o insn-emit.o lcm.o
profile.o insn-attrtab.o alpha.o getpwd.o convert.o mbchar.o dyn-string.o
splay-tree.o graph.o sbitmap.o resource.o hash.o c-parse.o c-lang.o
c-lex.o c-pragma.o c-decl.o c-typeck.o c-convert.o c-aux-info.o c-common.o
c-iterate.o obstack.o -lmld ../libiberty/libiberty.a
ld:
Unresolved:
ASM_FILE_START
make[1]: *** [cc1] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/beech/users/benites/gccstuff/gcc-Tru64-5.0/gcc'
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list