[tao-bugs] Internal Compiler Error with g++ on Linux

Yang Zhonghua, Dr zhyang@gintic.gov.sg
Sat Apr 15 00:18:00 GMT 2000


Thanks. After installing the latest version of g++ (GNU C++ version 2.95.2
19991024 (release) (i586-pc-linux-gnu) compiled by GNU C version 2.95.2
19991024 (release)). The problem remains. Our linux is red hat 6.1.

Since you made it successful using gcc 2.95, I wonder what was the
difference. 

I also wait for the advice from the cygnus.

> To: tao-bugs@cs.wustl.edu
> Subject: [area]: [synopsis]
> 
>     TAO VERSION: 1.1
>     ACE VERSION: 5.1

        Thanks for using the problem report form.

>    SYNOPSIS:
> Error message says: Internal compiler error. (see below)

        I see...

> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/POAC.i:1051: Internal compiler
error.
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/POAC.i:1051: Please submit a full
bug
> report to `egcs-bugs@egcs.cygnus.com'.
> /home/zhyang/TAO/ACE_wrappers/TAO/tao/POAC.i:1051: See
> <URL: http://egcs.cygnus.com/faq.html#bugreport > for details.
> cpp: output pipe has been closed

        I recommend that you upgrade to a newer version of gcc (we use
gcc-2.95 quite successfully).  You may also want to report the
compiler bug to cygnus, as requested in the error message, but i
suspect it has been fixed already because we use newer versions of the
compiler without a problem.

-- 
Carlos O'Ryan (coryan@uci.edu < mailto:coryan@uci.edu > )





More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list