gcc and ultrasparc

Rick Greer rxga@research.att.com
Sat Apr 1 20:14:00 GMT 2000


Alexandre,

    Thanks for the quick response.

    Re:  
    Sorry, GCC 2.95.* does not support ultrasparc.

Are you saying that no GCC is intended to work with ultrasparc?
If not, would you please identify some version of GCC that
is known to work with ultrasparc?

I must admit that I'm perplexed here since ultrasparc is a valid
option to the configure program and the only platform-specific 
problem mentioned has to do with the dynamic linker -- how could
that be the problem here?  It looks like gcc is not packing
the last multiplication function call result into the passed arguments
correctly -- could the dynamic linking bug actually be involved in that?

By the way, I have done this:
     * Install Sun patch 106950-03 (1999-05-25) or later. Nobody with
       both 107058-01 and 106950-03 installed has reported the bug with
       GCC and Sun's dynamic linker.

    Thanks for any clarification you can provide -- especially,
a recommendation as to any gcc that works with ultrasparc.

Rick




More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list