egcs-19990228 build crashes: Calls wrong makeinfo

Jeffrey A Law law@hurl.cygnus.com
Mon Mar 1 11:32:00 GMT 1999


  In message < Pine.GSO.4.10.9903012022440.27840-100000@markab.dbai.tuwien.ac.at
>you write:
  > On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Horst von Brand wrote:
  > >> /mnt/egcs-19990228/gcc/gcc.texi
  > >>  /mnt/egcs-19990228/gcc/install.texi:1074: Unknown command `uref'.
  > >>  /mnt/egcs-19990228/gcc/install.texi:1074: Misplaced `{'.
  > >>  /mnt/egcs-19990228/gcc/install.texi:1074: Misplaced `}'. >>
  > > I here (sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1) just installed texinfo-3.12, the build is
  > > going fine so far. Doesn't fix the problem, though...
  > 
  > This is a side effect of a patch by Craig Burley. See the mail with
  > subject "MAKEINFO not properly set during `make' or `make bootstrap'"
  > a couple of days ago.
  > 
  > 
  > May I suggest that we back out that patch unless/until someone provides a
  > fix, as this is a real bootstrap killer?
Fix it.  Backing out a patch should be a last resort.

I'm not going to worry too much about this right now.  My concentration is on
the egcs-1.1.2 minor release.   Once that's done my focus will return to the
mainline sources.

jeff


More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list