Internal compiler error in gcc-2.95 19990623 on PowerPC

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Mon Jun 28 01:47:00 GMT 1999


  > I've encountered several errors in the 19990623 snapshot of gcc-2.95.
  > 
  > I found this bug compiling a piece of software on LinuxPPC.  The
  > distribution of Linux is LinuxPPC R5 final.  The kernel is 2.2.4.
  > I am using glibc-2.1.1 which came with the distribution.  The machine
  > I am running on is a PowerBook G3/266 with 192M of ram.  I have isolated
  > the problem to a simple example.  Although this may look degenerate (I
  > don't allocate any memory), it serves its purpose to trigger the bug,
  > and an identical problem happens in real code.
This bug has already been fixed.

  > |     int *ip;
  [ ... ]
  > |     for (i = 0; i < n; i++) {
  > |         *(dpi++) = (double) ip[i+n*j];
  > |         *(dpi++) = 0.;
Also note this code is highly unportable as it violates ansi/iso aliasing
rules.

jfef



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list