Internal compiler error in egcs-1.1.2

Martin Pitt martin.pitt@gmx.net
Thu Jun 24 08:06:00 GMT 1999


Dear EGCS Team,

recently I encountered an internal compiler error in egcs-1.1.2.

My system:
  IBM ThinkPad 760ED (Notebook)
  Intel Pentium 133
  80 MB RAM

egcs -v produces:

Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/egcs-2.91.66/specs
gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314 (egcs-1.1.2 release)

The command line that produced the bug:

g++ -c  -O3 -Wall -W --save-temps -I../include primitives/primitive.cc
 -o primitives/primitive.o 2> output.txt

The error does not occur if optimization is turned off completely.
Attention: the source file still contains errors (I was developing it
at that moment), but the compiler should not fail anyway.

I attached the files output.txt (egcs' console output) and the
gzipped preprocessed file (primitive.ii.gz).

I wish to say THANK YOU for your efforts and hard word to write the
best compiler ever!

Many thanks in advance

--

Martin Pitt 
home:  http://members.xoom.com/martinpitt
eMail: martin.pitt@gmx.net


More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list