Can't bootstrap CVS sources on i586-gnu-linux
Chip Salzenberg
chip@perlsupport.com
Sat Jun 19 14:40:00 GMT 1999
Starting about a week ago, I've been unable to bootstrap the CVS
source tree with 'make bootstrap' -- stage1/xgcc hangs forever when
compiling regclass.c. Finally I have to kill it:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/local/egcs/i586-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -c -DIN_GCC -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../SRC/gcc -I../SRC/gcc/config -I../SRC/gcc/../include ../SRC/gcc/varray.c
stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/local/egcs/i586-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ -c -DIN_GCC -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../SRC/gcc -I../SRC/gcc/config -I../SRC/gcc/../include ../SRC/gcc/regclass.c
xgcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought this problem would be so obvious to everyone that it would
be found and fixed by someone more into EGCS than me. But so far, no
one else has even reported this problem. I'll see what I can find if
no one else can track this down.
My operating system is Debian Linux, bleeding edge ('potato')
packages, and a 2.2.10 kernel I compiled myself.
My "stage zero" compiler is:
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/egcs-2.91.66/specs
gcc version egcs-2.91.66 Debian GNU/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)
My config options are:
configure --enable-shared --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs \
--prefix=/usr/local/egcs
--
Chip Salzenberg - a.k.a. - <chip@perlsupport.com>
"When do you work?" "Whenever I'm not busy."
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list