gcc-2.95+alpha-ev6+RH6.0=failure

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Sat Jul 31 23:33:00 GMT 1999


  In message < 199907300619.BAA25811@polya.math.purdue.edu >you write:
  > I've been trying to bootstrap the current gcc-2.95
  > branch of the cvs source on an alpha ev6 machine running
  > RedHat 6.0 with the 2.2.10 linux kernel.  No special configure
  > options; were given.
  > 
  > The bootstrap passes the stage2 compare bit; it bombs when building
  > the -mieee libs with the message:
  > 
  > /home/c/lucier/programs/egcs/objdiralpha/gcc/xgcc -B/home/c/lucier/programs
  > /egcs/objdiralpha/gcc/ -B/usr/local/gcc-2.95/alphaev6-unknown-linux-gnu/bin
  > / -c -g -O2 -fvtable-thunks -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-implicit-templates  -mieee -
  > I../../../../libstdc++ -I../../../../libstdc++/stl -I../libio -I../../../..
  > /libstdc++/../libio -nostdinc++ -D_IO_MTSAFE_IO -DF `for N in MAIN ADDCC AD
  > DCF ADDFC SUBCC SUBCF SUBFC MULCC MULCF MULFC DIVCC DIVCF DIVFC PLUS MINUS 
  > EQCC EQCF EQFC NECC NECF NEFC ABS ARG POLAR CONJ NORM COS COSH EXP LOG POWC
  > C POWCF POWCI POWFC SIN SINH SQRT; do echo " -D${N}"; done` \
  >   ../../../../libstdc++/cinst.cc -o fcomplex.o
  > /tmp/ccOfUpCG.s: Assembler messages:
  > /tmp/ccOfUpCG.s:3690: Error: unknown opcode `sqrttsu'
  > /tmp/ccOfUpCG.s:3760: Error: unknown opcode `sqrttsu'
Your assembler needs updating.

jeff



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list