A bug or two
Lew Glendenning
lew_glendenning@dl.com
Fri Dec 10 11:39:00 GMT 1999
The attached file contains a variable "endVarianceData". It is assigned an
incorrect value/address, and so the call
to ClearVarianceData does not work. (Fake any file name to demonstrate.)
If you change the name of the variable to "endFVarianceData" and fix the
ClearVarianceData reference, the program works fine.
I found this bug twice in developing this program. I think the other
example was ch1FCountBufferIndex. Again, removing the F
cause an incorrect address to be used in one of the Clear functions.
I have not attempted to reduce the program to minimum size to demo the bug.
However, adding large chunks of data before and
after the problem variables didn't help.
I did move the call to ClearVarianceData to the beginning of the program
and demonstrate that the bug still occurs.
(This program is not computer-science elegant. Sorry, it just grew.)
Lew(See attached file: SMBFilter.c)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: SMBFilter.c
Type: text/x-c
Size: 39878 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-bugs/attachments/19991210/f15e23cd/attachment.bin>
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list