Installation of EGCS-1.1a

Andreas Pour pour@mieterra.com
Mon Sep 21 04:14:00 GMT 1998


Hello,

I just compiled egcs-1.1b (the compilation went fine, great job again!!)
and this is more of a few questions than a bug report.

First, what am I to do with /usr/lib/libiberty.a?  There is also a
/usr/i686-linux/lib/libiberty.a.  /usr/lib/libiberty.a comes with the
binutils package 2.9.1.0.4) already, and I think for egcs-1.03 the
latter was the only library installed (at least on my system and
I didn't have any problems).

Second, what am I to do with /usr/bin/cc+filt?  This file also comes
with the binutils package, but since the files are nowhere near in size
(the egcs-1.1 version is 103337 bytes wheres the binutils version is
21100 bytes), I must assume they are vastly different.

Finally, I take it that egcs-1.1 no longer supplies a linker (ld) like
1.03 did (i.e., or was it inadvertently left out?)

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate elucidation of these particulars.
And thanks again for producing another outstanding package!

Regards,

Andreas F. Pour
pour@mieterra.com





More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list