Internal error in current CVS tree

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Thu Sep 17 01:11:00 GMT 1998


  In message < 199809161933.UAA15732@phal.cygnus.co.uk >you write:
  > > I'm getting:
  > > 
  > > stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -c  -DIN_GCC    -W -Wall -O2 -g -O2  -W -Wall    -I
  > . -I.. -I../../../gcc/f -I../../../gcc/f/.. -I../../../gcc/f/../config ../.
  > ./../gcc/f/data.c
  > > ../../gcc/expr.c:2421: Internal compiler error in function emit_move_insn
  > > 
  > > on x86-linux-gnu at the moment.  I suspect the recent regmove changes
  > > since the call to emit_move_insn is coming from copy_src_to_dest in
  > > regmove.c.  The reason for the crash is that one REG is DImode while
  > > the other is SImode.
  > 
  > I propose the following patch:
  > 
  > Wed Sep 16 20:31:29 1998  J"orn Rennecke <amylaar@cygnus.co.uk>
  > 
  > 	* regmove.c (copy_src_to_dest): Check that modes match.
Looks good to me.  Please install this patch.

Thanks!
jeff



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list