Internal compiler error w/egcs-2.91.57 19980901
Caleb Epstein
cae@inx.net
Sat Sep 5 11:51:00 GMT 1998
When trying to build one of the apps in the ACE framework
( http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html ), I get the following error
message from g++:
c++ -Wall -pipe -D_POSIX_THREADS -D_POSIX_THREAD_SAFE_FUNCTIONS -D_REENTRANT -O3 -g -fno-implicit-templates -I. -I/home/cae/ACE_wrappers -c -fPIC -o .shobj/Config_Files.o Config_Files.cpp
File_Parser.cpp: In method `enum FP::Return_Type File_Parser<Consumer_Config_Info>::getint<Consumer_Config_Info>(ACE_INT32 &)':
Config_Files.cpp:26: instantiated from here
File_Parser.cpp:47: Internal compiler error.
File_Parser.cpp:47: Please submit a full bug report to `egcs-bugs@cygnus.com'.
This happens both with and without optimizations enabled. I'm
attaching the preprocessed output of Config_Files.cpp, as putting
together the relevant pieces of ACE would be difficult.
Here is the output of c++ -v:
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/egcs-2.91.57/specs
gcc version egcs-2.91.57 19980901 (egcs-1.1 release)
This g++ compiler package I'm using is maintained by Galen
Hazelwood <galenh-egcs@debian.org> but has lately been updated by
Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> and J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)
<jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl> according to the changelog. I'm CC'ing
them on this message.
Let me know if more info is needed to track down this bug.
--
[ cae at inx dot net | Caleb Epstein | Brooklyn Dust Bunny Mfg. ]
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list