Bootstrapping egcs with BOOT_CFLAGS="-g -O6"

Markus Kossmann markus.kossmann@inka.de
Sat Oct 17 01:11:00 GMT 1998


Configuring egcs ( latest egcs CVS 19981017)   with ´configure
--enable-threads=posix --enable-haifa --enable-shared´ on a
i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1 ( libc-5.4.46) system and bootstrapping it with 
´make bootstrap BOOT_CFLAGS="-g -O6" ´  causes a ICE:

stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1/bin/ -c 
-DIN_GCC   -DUSE_GNULIBC_1 -W -Wall -g -O6  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAIFA   
-I. -I../../egcs-CVS/gcc -I../../egcs-CVS/gcc/config
-I../../egcs-CVS/gcc/../include ../../egcs-CVS/gcc/print-rtl.c
../../egcs-CVS/gcc/print-rtl.c:43: warning: `reg_names' defined but not
used
stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/usr/local/i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1/bin/ 
-DIN_GCC   -DUSE_GNULIBC_1 -W -Wall -g -O6  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAIFA  -o
gencodes \
 gencodes.o rtl.o bitmap.o print-rtl.o ` case "obstack.o" in ?*) echo
obstack.o ;; esac ` ` case "" in ?*) echo  ;; esac ` ` case "" in ?*)
echo  ;; esac ` ` case "" in ?*) echo  ;; esac ` ` case "" in ?*) echo 
;; esac ` 
./gencodes ../../egcs-CVS/gcc/config/i386/i386.md > tmp-codes.h
switch format wrong in rtl.read_rtx(). format was: *.
        file position: 3417
../../egcs-CVS/gcc/rtl.c:853: Internal compiler error in function
read_rtx

Compiling the same with BOOT_CFLAGS="-g -O2" works fine. 
--
Markus Kossmann                                    
markus.kossmann@inka.de



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list