g++/cygwin-B19 linkage problem, multiple definitions
Jeffrey A Law
law@cygnus.com
Sun Nov 1 12:02:00 GMT 1998
In message <9810292233.AA00677@modi.xraylith.wisc.edu>you write:
> > I wasn't planning to put this change in because of the follow-on patches
> > it required, but I could be convinced if it's a serious problem.
> >
>
> Well, I have a folder full of bug reports that all lead to this. However,
> it has a trivial workaround (define a destructor, even if empty), so it's
> not crucial. The trouble is when you're using a library with such cases,
> and then you're stuck.
>
> I did run the testsuite and no regressions on x86-win32 and ix86-linux.
> Of course, the testsuite doesn't really test for lots of things that can
> go wrong here.
I'd lean slightly against including it, but I'll go with whatever Jason thinks
is the best thing to do.
One possibility if we do not include it in egcs-1.1.1 would be to include it
in egcs-1.1.2.
jeff
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list