[CVS 980326]: Still problems with texinfo
Jeffrey A Law
law@cygnus.com
Mon Mar 30 23:39:00 GMT 1998
In message < 13594.2735.974274.449552@slsvhmt >you write:
> The configure script in the texinfo directory needs to be rebuilt. It
> contains unexpanded m4 macros like AM_MAINTAINER_MODE and the
> like.
Is this still a problem? I just looked in the configure files in
the repostitory and there are no references to AM_MAINTAINER_MODE.
> This results in unusable Makefile's later on (if you don't have
> automake-1.2f installed - does anybody know where to get it? -
> shouldn't we add it to the infrastructure directory?),
We probably should add automake and autoconf/autoheader.
> when running make, it'll call automake due to timestamp reasons.
> And my automake-1.2e renders to be totally broken with regard to
> texinfo's configuration :-(
Note they've been rebuilt with 1.2f, at least that's what I see
when I look at texinfo/Makefile.in
> The generated Makefile.in (and Makefile) now contain macro definitions
>
> DATA = $(INSTALL_DATA)
This also appears to be fixed in the current CVS sources.
jeff
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list