Your June 7 change to expand_expr
Mark Mitchell
mark@markmitchell.com
Tue Jun 30 22:45:00 GMT 1998
>>>>> "Jeffrey" == Jeffrey A Law <law@hurl.cygnus.com> writes:
>> Jeff, for now I recommend the following patch to EGCS.
Jeffrey> I think that's a little premature at this time.
OK, but we need to do something; Kenner's change has broken some
previously working code. (I understand that may also have fixed some
previously broken code.)
One option is to make MEM_IN_STRUCT_P ternary (yes: definitely in
struct, no: definitely not in struct, and don't know). Then, as
Kenner points out would be desirable, we would have a conservative
setting, and yet we could still do the fixed/varying struct/not-struct
optimization.
Jeff, in the short term, perhaps we should disable the alias checks
that depend on MEM_IN_STRUCT_P. I will submit appropriate patches, if
you think this is the right thing to do. Unfortunately, Kenner, these
patches won't be appropriate for GCC2 because they will all be in
alias.c, which is not yet in GCC2.
Jeffrey> jeff
--
Mark Mitchell mark@markmitchell.com
Mark Mitchell Consulting http://www.markmitchell.com
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list