problems building 1.0.2 and 1.0.3a

damon LOVE dlove@georgiatech-metz.fr
Tue Jun 30 03:21:00 GMT 1998


ok,

I checked on the swap space, and here is the answer from my machine

pomerol-1% /usr/sbin/swap -s
total: 15224k bytes allocated + 4920k reserved = 20144k used, 65764k
available
pomerol-2% 

also, you asked if the compiler is broken.  I'm not sure how to tell, but
it compiles Mesa, and the bintutils 2.9...  is is version ...

pomerol-2% gcc -v
Reading specs from
/usr/local/gtl2/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1/2.7.2.3.f.1/specs
gcc version 2.7.2.3.f.1
pomerol-3% 

thanks,
Damon


On 30 Jun 1998, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> damon LOVE <dlove@georgiatech-metz.fr> writes:
> 
> > gcc -c  -DIN_GCC  -DSVR4  -g -O2     -I. -I.. -I. -I./.. -I./../config  \
> >   `echo ./parse.c | sed 's,^\./,,'`
> > gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
> > make[2]: *** [parse.o] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory
> > `/a/bordeaux/export/home/bordeaux/stud/dlove/egcs-1.0.2/gcc/cp'
>  
> > What do I do next?
>  
> How much virtual memory is available (/usr/sbin/swap -s should tell)?
> One of the reasons that causes this kind of problem is lack of virtual 
> memory.  Another possibility is hardware failure, but this is
> unlikely, since you have tried to compile egcs on two different
> configurations.  BTW, which version of gcc are you running?  Is it
> possible that it is broken?
> 
> -- 
> Alexandre Oliva
> mailto:oliva@dcc.unicamp.br mailto:aoliva@acm.org
> http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva
> Universidade Estadual de Campinas, SP, Brasil
> 
> 




More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list