aix 3.2.5 cross compiler build problem on aix 4.1
Joseph H. Buehler
jhpb@sarto.gaithersburg.md.us
Wed Jan 28 06:10:00 GMT 1998
I encountered the following While building an aix 3.2.5 egcs 1.0.1
cross-compiler under aix 4.1; configure and make were run without any
special options. I am using 2.8.1.0.15 binutils for the cross
ar/as/ld etc.
Joe Buehler
/usr/local/tmp/pandora/egcs-1.0.1/build/gcc/xgcc -B/usr/local/tmp/pandora/egcs-1.0.1/build/gcc/ -c -g -O2 -fno-implicit-templates -mcpu=common -I../../../../libstdc++ -I../../../../libstdc++/stl -I../libio -I../../../../libstdc++/../libio -nostdinc++ -DLD `for N in EXTRACT INSERT; do echo " -D${N}"; done` \
../../../../libstdc++/cinst.cc -o ldcomio.o
touch bigstmp-complx
rm -f tlist
touch tlist
echo *.o >> tlist
for f in `cat ../libio/iostream.list` ; do \
echo "../libio/$f" >> tlist ; \
done
for f in `cat ../libiberty/needed-list` strerror.o ; do \
echo "../libiberty/$f" >> tlist ; \
done
mv tlist stdlist
rm -f tlibstdc++.a
rs6000-ibm-aix3.2.5-ar rc tlibstdc++.a `cat stdlist`
BFD: ldcomio.o: Unrecognized storage class 0 for *UND* symbol `./../../libstdc++/std/complext.cc'
BFD: ldcomio.o: Unrecognized storage class 0 for *UND* symbol `'
... lots of the same exact thing omitted ...
BFD: ldcomio.o: Unrecognized storage class 0 for *UND* symbol `'
BFD: ldcomio.o: Unrecognized storage class 0 for *UND* symbol `gmake[5]: *** [libstdc++.a] Segmentation fault (core dumped)
gmake[5]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
gmake[5]: Leaving directory `/a/earth/fs2/tmp/pandora/egcs-1.0.1/build/rs6000-ibm-aix3.2.5/common/libstdc++'
gmake[4]: *** [multi-do] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/a/earth/fs2/tmp/pandora/egcs-1.0.1/build/rs6000-ibm-aix3.2.5/libstdc++'
gmake[3]: *** [multi-all] Error 2
gmake[3]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/a/earth/fs2/tmp/pandora/egcs-1.0.1/build/rs6000-ibm-aix3.2.5/libstdc++'
gmake[2]: *** [all-target-libstdc++] Error 2
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list