bug in egcs (c++)

Jochen Kuepper jochen@pc1.uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri Jan 23 09:29:00 GMT 1998


:>   During an attempt to compile Qt (a nice GUI library) under Digital UNIX 4.0a
:> egcs reported an internal error. I can't send you a C++ file that caused the
:> message, because Qt is not GPL'ed and source code is provided only for compiling
:> it and must be distributed as whole, but you can download it from www.troll.no.
:>   EGCS was compiled by system's compiler (cc).
:>   The output follows.
:> gcc -I/usr/users/local/qt/include -c -O2 -fno-strength-reduce -Wall -W -D_POSIX_
:> SOURCE -D_OSF_SOURCE -D_AES_SOURCE -fPIC qmenubar.cpp
:> /usr/users/local/qt/include/qwidget.h: In method `QWidget::QWidget(const class Q
:> Widget &)':

[snip]

:> qmenubar.cpp: In method `int QMenuBar::calculateRects(int = -1)':
:> qmenubar.cpp:619: Internal compiler error.
:> qmenubar.cpp:619: Please submit a full bug report to `egcs-bugs@cygnus.com'.
:> 

I don't know how to fix the bug, but compilation w/o optimization does work -
so you can get Qt up and running at least.

Jochen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
  Jochen Küpper

  Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf     jochen@uni-duesseldorf.de
  Institut für Physikalische Chemie I
  Universitätsstrasse 1, Geb 26.43.02.19       phone ++49-211-8113681
  40225 Düsseldorf                             fax   ++49-211-8115195
  Germany             http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~jochen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list