Signal 11 bug in egcs-1.1.1

David Ronis ronis@onsager.chem.mcgill.ca
Thu Dec 31 11:11:00 GMT 1998


I've been trying to build wine-981211.  I compile on an i586
running linux-2.0.36 and on an i486 running the same OS.  Both
machines run

         gcc version egcs-2.91.60 19981201 (egcs-1.1.1 release)

The build was configured with the default options on both machines.
The compilation fails when trying to build something called compobj.o (the 
preprocessed file is appended below).  The
command (with -save-temps -v added by me) used is:

gcc -c -g -O2 -save-temps -v -Wall -D__WINE__ -D_REENTRANT -I../include 
-I../include -I. -I. -I/usr/X11R6/include -o compobj.o compobj.c
Reading specs from 
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1/egcs-2.91.60/specs
gcc version egcs-2.91.60 19981201 (egcs-1.1.1 release)
 /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1/egcs-2.91.60/cpp -lang-c -v 
-I../include -I../include -I. -I. -I/usr/X11R6/include -undef -D__GNUC__=2 
-D__GNUC_MINOR__=91 -D__ELF__ -Dunix -Di386 -D__i386__ -Dlinux -D__ELF__ 
-D__unix__ -D__i386__ -D__i386__ -D__linux__ -D__unix -D__i386 -D__linux 
-Asystem(posix) -D__OPTIMIZE__ -g -Wall -Asystem(unix) -Acpu(i386) 
-Amachine(i386) -Di386 -D__i386 -D__i386__ -Di586 -Dpentium -D__i586 -D__i586__ 
-D__pentium -D__pentium__ -D__WINE__ 
-D_REENTRANT compobj.c compobj.i
GNU CPP version egcs-2.91.60 19981201 (egcs-1.1.1 release) (i386 Linux/ELF)
#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
 ../include
 .
 /usr/X11R6/include
 /usr/local/include
 /usr/local/i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1/include
 /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1/egcs-2.91.60/include
 /usr/include
End of search list.
In file included from ../include/shlobj.h:8,
                 from compobj.c:43:
../include/oleobj.h:17: warning: `TEXT' redefined
../include/wintypes.h:271: warning: this is the location of the previous 
definition
 /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1/egcs-2.91.60/cc1 compobj.i -quiet 
-dumpbase compobj.c -g -O2 -Wall -version -o compobj.s
GNU C version egcs-2.91.60 19981201 (egcs-1.1.1 release) 
(i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1) compiled by GNU C version egcs-2.91.60 19981201 
(egcs-1.1.1 release).
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11

A .s and .i file are produced and bzip2 compressed files are appeneded below.

The problem is reproducible on both machines.  In addition, if I reduce the 
optimization to -O1 the problem disappears (again on both machines).

I've appended a gzipped .i and .s files.

I built an unmodified egcs, and although I no longer have the source files and
cannot tell you what configure options were used,  I did a full bootstrap 
install, including the comparison of stage2 and stage3 compilers.  Most likely, 
I upped the optimization options slightly, but nothing else.

David Ronis
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: compobj.i.bz2
Type: application/x-bzip2
Size: 87954 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-bugs/attachments/19981231/161c36bf/attachment.bz2>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: compobj.s.bz2
Type: application/x-bzip2
Size: 74135 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-bugs/attachments/19981231/161c36bf/attachment-0001.bz2>


More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list