powerpc-ibm-aix4.1.4.0 fails "compare" with -g -O3 -funroll-all-loops

Kaveh R. Ghazi ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu
Mon Dec 28 07:00:00 GMT 1998


	When bootstrapping powerpc-ibm-aix4.1.4.0 using BOOT_CFLAGS of
"-g -O3 -funroll-all-loops -mminimal-toc", egcs' latest cvs checkout
fails "make compare". 

	Yes, I know I'm using funky flags.  The system I am on requires
-mminimal-toc because the sysadmin won't install the ld patch mentioned
in egcs FAQ#38.  I don't believe -mminimal-toc affects whether the
failure appears.  As for the higher opts, address it with whatever
priority you desire.  I first reported this last summer, but since we're
reconcentrating on bootstrap failures I thought I'd try reporting it
again.  :-)

 > Bootstrap comparison failure!
 > c-aux-info.o differs
 > cexp.o differs
 > cpplib.o differs
 > emit-rtl.o differs
 > final.o differs
 > genrecog.o differs
 > mkstemp.o differs
 > real.o differs
 > ch/expr.o differs
 > cp/decl.o differs
 > f/com.o differs
 > f/expr.o differs
 > f/lex.o differs
 > f/target.o differs
 > java/constants.o differs
 > java/expr.o differs
 > java/jcf-parse.o differs
 > java/parse.o differs
 > make[1]: *** [compare] Error 1

	If it matters, I used cc for stage1.

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			Engagement Manager / Project Services
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu		Icon CMT Corp.



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list