repost: libg++ won't build on alphaev56-dec-osf4.0d
Alexandre Oliva
oliva@dcc.unicamp.br
Thu Dec 17 18:54:00 GMT 1998
On Dec 16, 1998, Manfred Hollstein <manfred@s-direktnet.de> wrote:
> Could you please try the patch below and tell me, if it fixes your problem?
> If so, I'll include it in the next libg++ snapshot. I simply omitted
> libstdc++ from being linked to the shared libg++; as "g++" adds "-lstdc++"
> anyway, there shouldn't be any drawback.
Using the same reasoning, I added -nostdlib to SHDEPS, so as to avoid
libgcc.a too, and it worked.
However, libstdc++ including its own versions of symbols from libgcc
doesn't still sound right to me, especially if they may conflict with
symbols from other shared libraries.
Therefore, I suggest the attached patch for egcs' libstdc++, in
addition to the one you're installing in libg++ (preferrably modified
so that SHDEPS includes -nostdlib)
I'm not sure it doesn't break older releases of DEC OSF, though.
Is this ok to install?
--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva aoliva@{acm.org}
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,gnu.org,egcs.cygnus.com,samba.org}
Universidade Estadual de Campinas, SP, Brasil
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list