egcs-2.92.29 does not build on linuxppc
Franz Sirl
Franz.Sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com
Thu Dec 17 09:42:00 GMT 1998
Hi,
update your CVS again and try again. I'm just compiling the mainline and it
already passed this point (I got this error too 2 days ago).
Tho this is on a glibc-2.0.106 system with binutils-2.9.1.0.19a.
Franz.
At 15:03 17.12.98 , Martin Costabel wrote:
>Hi,
>
>until 4 days ago, I had no problems compiling the latest version of
>cvs-egcs under linuxppc. Then, when 2.92.29 was introduced, things
>started to go wrong. Since 4 days, I succeeded only once to get almost
>through the compilation. I cannot even repeat this semi-success now.
>
>Today, I have the choice between to types of internal compiler errors
>-besides hundreds of warnings that indicate that egcs is very far from
>satisfying its own standards, for example:
>
>insn-recog.c: In function `split_insns':
>insn-recog.c:32075: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
>cplus-dem.c: In function `demangle_arm_hp_template':
>cplus-dem.c:1865: warning: passing arg 5 of `arm_pt' from incompatible
>pointer type
>cplus-dem.c:1887: warning: passing arg 2 of `do_type' from incompatible
>pointer type
>cplus-dem.c: In function `do_hpacc_template_const_value':
>cplus-dem.c:3327: warning: unused parameter `work'
>cplus-dem.c: In function `do_hpacc_template_literal':
>cplus-dem.c:3389: warning: unused variable `i'
>cplus-dem.c: At top level:
>cplus-dem.c:289: warning: `demangle_arm_pt' declared `static' but never
>defined
>
>and so on.
>
>ICE 1) If I do a 'make bootstrap-lean', I get
>
>ln -s /root/egcs/gcc/../libiberty/mkstemp.c mkstemp.c
>gcc -c -DIN_GCC -DUSE_GNULIBC_1 -g -W -Wall -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
>-DHAIFA -I. -I/root/egcs/gcc -I/root/egcs/gcc/config
>-I/root/egcs/gcc/../include mkstemp.c
>gcc -DIN_GCC -DUSE_GNULIBC_1 -g -W -Wall -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAIFA -o
>xgcc gcc.o prefix.o version.o \
> choose-temp.o pexecute.o mkstemp.o obstack.o
>../libiberty/libiberty.a
>echo "int xxy_us_dummy;" >tmp-dum.c
>./xgcc -B./ -B/opt/egcscvs/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnulibc1/bin/ -S
>tmp-dum.c
>xgcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 4
>make[2]: *** [s-under] Error 1
>make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/egcs/BUILD/gcc'
>make[1]: *** [bootstrap-lean] Error 2
>
>ICE 2) If I just say 'make', I get
>
>touch stmp-int-hdrs
>rm -f SYSCALLS.c tmp-SYSCALLS.s
>cat /root/egcs/gcc/sys-types.h /root/egcs/gcc/sys-protos.h > SYSCALLS.c
>/root/gccomp/gcc/xgcc -B/root/gccomp/gcc/
>-B/opt/egcscvs/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnulibc1/bin/ -DIN_GCC
>-DUSE_GNULIBC_1 -g -O2 -I./include -I. -I/root/egcs/gcc
>-I/root/egcs/gcc/config -I/root/egcs/gcc/../include \
> -aux-info SYSCALLS.c.X -S -o tmp-SYSCALLS.s SYSCALLS.c
>xgcc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 11
>make[1]: *** [SYSCALLS.c.X] Error 1
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/egcs/BUILD/gcc'
>make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
>
>config.status contains
># This directory was configured as follows:
>/root/egcs/configure --with-gcc-version-trigger=/root/egcs/gcc/version.c
>--host=powerpc-unknown-linux-gnulibc1 --prefix=/opt/egcscvs
>--with-cpu=603e --norecursion
>
>--
>Martin
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list