Odd c++ error in 1.1.1
Ralf Hildebrandt
R.Hildebrandt@tu-bs.de
Tue Dec 15 05:10:00 GMT 1998
Hi!
HP-UX 10.20, GNU binutils, egcs-1.1.1
I recently built & installed egcs-1.1.1 (after having egcs-1.1b
successfully installed).
The egcs itself works just fine for C, but whenever I try to build &
link a C++ program, I get the following errors during the linking (I
added -v to the CFLAGS for more verbose output!):
--- snip ---
c++ -O2 -v -I/users2/local/lib/glib/include -I/users2/local/include -I/usr/include/X11R6 -DXLM_HOME=\"/users2/local/etc/xlogmaster\" -DXLM_DB=\"/users2/local/etc/xlogmaster/database\" -DXLM_LIB=\"/users2/local/etc/xlogmaster\" -I../import -L/users2/local/lib -L/users2/local/lib -L/usr/lib/X11R6 -lgtk -lgdk -lglib -lXext -lX11 -lm -o xlogmaster xlogmaster.o alert.o audio.o database.o dialog.o execute.o file.o logclass.o menu.o watchdog.o ../import/libimport.a -L/users2/local/lib -L/usr/lib/X11R6 -lgtk -lgdk -lglib -lXext -lX11 -lm
Reading specs from /users2/local/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20/egcs-2.91.60/specs
gcc version egcs-2.91.60 19981201 (egcs-1.1.1 release)
/users2/local/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20/egcs-2.91.60/collect2 -L/lib/pa1.1 -L/usr/lib/pa1.1 -z -u main -o xlogmaster /usr/ccs/lib/crt0.o -L/users2/local/lib -L/users2/local/lib -L/usr/lib/X11R6 -L/users2/local/lib -L/usr/lib/X11R6 -L/users2/local/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20/egcs-2.91.60 -L/users2/local/hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20/lib -L/usr/ccs/bin -L/usr/ccs/lib -L/users2/local/lib -lgtk -lgdk -lglib -lXext -lX11 xlogmaster.o alert.o audio.o database.o dialog.o execute.o file.o logclass.o menu.o watchdog.o ../import/libimport.a -lgtk -lgdk -lglib -lXext -lX11 -lm -lstdc++ -lm -lgcc -lc -lgcc
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
ostream::seekp(long)(code)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xlogmaster] Error 1
--- snip ---
I had exactly the same problem when first installing 1.1b (which I
installed 3-4 times -- until the problem vanished)!
Any ideas what might be wrong?
--
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGPfreeware 5.0i for non-commercial use
MessageID: aNkEYJrW5n22esbi8SHU9Evc2uwhmApq
iQCVAwUBNnZfvEnh/jPvZzKNAQHqQwP8ChLgd2ilwAU69gXsEy++RWzLRbMSed12
4Y/vHKQEZ2QPkfRdnFrWV+SP2p1oIYm2x9HwvpxDe+8+lTp8dZAg1cocobcbKPu1
/c3mHVDCSEPF5ZvlcZfFKMGKVWRFeAD8f1OwCzWsGSF55pBeaOLt/MjR7+jcrZkr
kOrSrg1jDX0=
=qGXw
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list