problems with iso restrict

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Fri Dec 4 11:07:00 GMT 1998


  In message < 199812041846.KAA26105@adsl-206-170-148-33.dsl.pacbell.net >you wri
te:
  > >>>>> "Jeffrey" == Jeffrey A Law <law@hurl.cygnus.com> writes:
  > 
  >     Jeffrey> Seems to me like "restrict" should not be a reserved word
  >     Jeffrey> unless we are in c9x mode.
  > 
  > Right.  I have no idea how Ulrich and crew have set up the various
  > -std= options and what the defaults are.  `restrict' should not be
  > reserved if flag_isoc9x is not set:
  > 
  >   if (flag_traditional)
  >     {
  >       UNSET_RESERVED_WORD ("const");
  >       UNSET_RESERVED_WORD ("restrict");
  >       UNSET_RESERVED_WORD ("volatile");
  >       UNSET_RESERVED_WORD ("typeof");
  >       UNSET_RESERVED_WORD ("signed");
  >       UNSET_RESERVED_WORD ("inline");
  >       UNSET_RESERVED_WORD ("iterator");
  >       UNSET_RESERVED_WORD ("complex");
  >     }
  >   else if (!flag_isoc9x)
  >     UNSET_RESERVED_WORD ("restrict");
  > 
  > Since flag_isoc9x is initialized to zero, and only set if
  > -flang-isoc9x is passed to cc1, someone must be passing it to cc1.
  > 
  > This doesn't happen for me with my current cc1, which is a couple of
  > days old.  In other words, I cannot even reproduce the problem.
I'll look further into it.  Thanks.

jeff



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list