Bugs in 7/27 snapshot
Brad M. Garcia
bgarcia@fore.com
Mon Aug 10 06:55:00 GMT 1998
On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> In message < Pine.LNX.4.01.9808060829530.27570-100000@spud.eng.fore.com >you wr ite:
> > 1) i960 floating point appears to be buggy - I get
> > "Internal compiler error" when compiling some code dealing with
> > "double".
> I believe Vladimir fixed this problem very recently. Are you seeing infinite
> recursion when building the test code?
I've never tried building the test programs. I am building
cross-compilers, and was under the impression that the test suite didn't
work very well for cross-compilers.
But the cases I have seen cause the compiler to crash after a few seconds
of compiling the code (longer than it should have taken to compile the
file).
> > 2) pragmas for x86 have changed? Compiling code for i960 has no problems.
> > Compiling same code for x86 results in rejecting the pragmas in the
> > code. As an example:
> > pragma align 4 <-- complains about unrecognized pragma.
> > pragma pack 4 <-- complains about malformed pragma.
> > Why is the behavior changed for x86 but not i960?
> pragma behaviors are often target/system dependent.
But earlier versions (up through 1.0.3) have compiled these same
pragmas with no warnings or errors of any kind. And the egcs snapshot
for an i960-wrs-vxworks target still compiles this code with no warnings
or errors.
Perhaps the problem is this - the i386-wrs-vxworks target is new. I
ported 1.0.3 to work for this target myself (by following information
I found on the web). What should I look for to find out how pragmas
work for a specific target?
> I'm not aware of any changes in behavior for x86 pragmas.
Brad Garcia
___/ __ / __ / ___/ "Being the Linux of digital media
__/ / / / _/ __/ would be a very good life."
_/ ____/ _/ _| ____/ - Jean-Louis Gassee, CEO of Be, Inc.
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list