egcs 1.0.3a on sparc-unknown-linux-gnu?

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Sat Aug 8 18:05:00 GMT 1998


  In message < 199808071034.DAA14210@dm.cobaltmicro.com >you write:
  >    Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 22:19:07 -0400
  >    From: Eric Ding <ericding@applix.com>
  > 
  >    I've had problems compiling egcs 1.0.3a on a Linux-Sparc machine,
  >    running RedHat 5.1.  I get the following error:
  > 
  >    In file included from ../../egcs-1.0.3a/gcc/libgcc2.c:1440:
  >    ../../egcs-1.0.3a/gcc/gbl-ctors.h:43: conflicting types for `atexit'
  >    /usr/include/stdlib.h:374: previous declaration of `atexit'
  > 
  > This should be happening because the gbl-ctors.h lines in question
  > say:
  > 
  > line 40: #if defined (WINNT) || defined (NEED_ATEXIT) || (defined(__sparc__
  > ) && defined(__linux__))
  > line 41: extern int atexit (void (*) (void));
  > line 42: #else
  > line 43: extern void atexit (void (*) (void));
  > line 44: #endif
  > 
  > __linux__ and __sparc__ should obviously be defined, and thus should
  > cause the code on line 41 to be what is used, not what is on line 43.
Err, I don't see that code in mainline or release branches
(specifically the linux/sparc tests).

Are you sure you're not looking at a local change of some sort?

jeff



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list