Compile error on current egcs_1_00 branch

Mark Mitchell mmitchell@usa.net
Mon Apr 20 18:27:00 GMT 1998


>>>>> "Jeffrey" == Jeffrey A Law <law@hurl.cygnus.com> writes:

    >>  Somehow, without any indication from Jeff, we seem to have
    >> decided that we're building an egcs-1.0.3.  (Jeff and others,
    >> you're welcome to correct me if Jeff has indeed indicated that
    >> we're building 1.0.3.)
    Jeffrey> It happened rather quickly at the request of the Red Hat
    Jeffrey> folks who will be shipping egcs with their next release
    Jeffrey> and needed a few critical bugs fixed.

Sorry I missed it.

    >> I'm strongly against building a 1.0.3.  The effort required for
    >> us to roll out a subsequent 1.0 release will be substantial.
    >> In addition, we will again begin haggling over which mainline
    >> changes are sufficiently important to make it into 1.0.3.
    Jeffrey> We're not accepting general patch submissions for 1.0.3.
    Jeffrey> As far as I'm concerned 1.0.3 is already frozen and just
    Jeffrey> waiting for the trivial s/1.0.2/1.0.3/ changes and
    Jeffrey> confirmation from RH that it successfully built all of
    Jeffrey> their code.

Given this proviso, I withdraw my complaint.  Thanks for the update!

    Jeffrey> jeff

-- 
Mark Mitchell <mmitchell@usa.net>
http://home.earthlink.net/~mbmitchell
Consulting Services Available



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list