Build Problems on Solaris2.5.1 / 2.6
Reg Clemens
reg@dwf.com
Thu Apr 2 11:28:00 GMT 1998
I may be missing something (this is the first time I have built from the
egcs distribution), but I get a clean build on SunOS4.1.3_U1, but failures
to build on Solaris2.5.1 and Solaris2.6.
In all cases there is a gcc 2.7.2.3 build available in the PATH for a gcc
(and make) to use for the compile (with the gcc having been built for the
specific platform, 2.5.1 or 2.6)
In all cases I did (from objdir)
./egcs-1.0.2/configure --prefix=/usr/local/egcs
make bootstrap
---
As noted, the SunOS build went fine, but on Solaris2.5.1 the build fails with
<snip, snip>
making sub-all in makeinfo
make[2]: Entering directory `/export/raid/home/clemens/egcs251/objdir/texinfo
cc -c -I. -I../../../egcs-1.0.2/texinfo/makeinfo -I../../../egcs-1.0.2/texin
cc -c -I. -I../../../egcs-1.0.2/texinfo/makeinfo -I../../../egcs-1.0.2/texin
cc -o makeinfo makeinfo.o multi.o -L../libtxi -ltxi
./makeinfo --no-split -I../../../egcs-1.0.2/texinfo/makeinfo makeinfo.texi
Making info file `makeinfo.info' from `makeinfo.texi'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/export/raid/home/clemens/egcs251/objdir/texinfo/
making sub-all in util
make[2]: Entering directory `/export/raid/home/clemens/egcs251/objdir/texinfo
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `texindex.exe', needed by `all'. Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/export/raid/home/clemens/egcs251/objdir/texinfo/
making sub-all in emacs
make[2]: Entering directory `/export/raid/home/clemens/egcs251/objdir/texinfo
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `sub-all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/export/raid/home/clemens/egcs251/objdir/texinfo/
touch stmp-sub-all
./makeinfo/makeinfo.exe -I../../egcs-1.0.2/texinfo texinfo.texi
make[1]: ./makeinfo/makeinfo.exe: Command not found
make[1]: *** [texinfo] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/raid/home/clemens/egcs251/objdir/texinfo'
make: *** [all-texinfo] Error 2
ug2%
So on Solaris2.5.1, it not only uses CC rather than GCC (which is in the PATH
before CC), it seems to think its some sort of a PC, since when it tries to
execute makeinfo (which it has built sucessfully) it puts a suffix of `.exe'
on the execute line.
----
The Solaris2.6 build goes on for a while, then I see
<snip, snip>
touch stamp-recog
gcc -DIN_GCC -DSVR4 -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../egcs-1.0.2/gcc -I.
insn-recog.c: In function `split_1':
insn-recog.c:10237: parse error before `split_insns'
insn-recog.c:10423: duplicate label `ret0'
insn-recog.c:10426: parse error at end of input
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `insn-recog.o'
Current working directory /home/betty/reg/egcs26/objdir/gcc
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bootstrap'
Current working directory /home/betty/reg/egcs26/objdir/gcc
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bootstrap'
mustang%
---
Any thoughts???? I would assume tht these things were built on Solaris
before they were released, so what am I doing wrong?
Reg.Clemens
reg@dwf.com
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list