Problem compiling

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer linux@BOL-SubNet.ml.org
Sun Sep 28 15:14:00 GMT 1997


On Sun, 28 Sep 1997, Julian Yip wrote:

> Just curious, what kind of bugs does make 3.76 has?

I haven't had the time to really look into it - all I can say for sure is
that make 3.76 causes more problems than it solves; it can't compile
glibc, etc.

> Anyway, I thought the
> insn-flags.h error comes from the Makefile doesn't specify toplev.o is
> depended on insn-flags.h. Here is a patch to fix it:

Looks logical. (Just why can gmake 3.75 compile everything without the
fix?)

LLaP
bero

> --- gcc/Makefile.in.orig        Sun Sep 28 13:30:51 1997
> +++ gcc/Makefile.in     Sun Sep 28 13:30:56 1997
> @@ -1253,7 +1253,7 @@
>  stor-layout.o : stor-layout.c $(CONFIG_H) $(TREE_H) flags.h function.h
>  fold-const.o : fold-const.c $(CONFIG_H) $(TREE_H) flags.h
>  toplev.o : toplev.c $(CONFIG_H) $(TREE_H) $(RTL_H) bytecode.h bc-emit.h \
> -   flags.h input.h insn-attr.h xcoffout.h defaults.h output.h \
> +   flags.h input.h insn-flags.h insn-attr.h xcoffout.h defaults.h output.h \
>     $(lang_options_files)
>         $(CC) $(ALL_CFLAGS) $(ALL_CPPFLAGS) $(INCLUDES) $(MAYBE_USE_COLLECT2) \
>           -DTARGET_NAME=\"$(target_alias)\" \





More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list