Linux egcs g++ segfaults on fputs() & co
Rob Browning
rlb@cs.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 23 00:45:00 GMT 1997
Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com> writes:
> > For instance, the following program:
> > will give a segmentation fault in something called _IO_stdout_ (), but only
> > if I compile it with g++, not with gcc.
> Is this still happening?
Well, we just experienced something like this here with any simple
program containing sprintf, cout, etc. I discussed it with some of
the people I know, and at least in our case, it's apparently a known
libc6 (glibc) 2.0.5 issue.
It also seems to go away if you use static linking. One person noted
that this was because you avoid some weak bindings from libpthread
that are causing the segfault. I'm not positive that you're having
the same problem, but it sounds similar.
--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>
PGP fingerprint = E8 0E 0D 04 F5 21 A0 94 53 2B 97 F5 D6 4E 39 30
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list