making egcs on alpha fails in libio
R J Hill-Cottingham
eesrjhc@ee.bath.ac.uk
Wed Nov 5 08:56:00 GMT 1997
Hi,
I am trying to install egcs-971031 on a Microway supplied Alpha 500,
running Linux2.0.30/redhat4.2. This is what I have done:
# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/egcs
Configuring for a alphaev5-unknown-linux-gnulibc1 host.
Created "Makefile" in /usr/home/roger/egcs/egcs-971031
Links are now set up to build a native compiler for alphaev5-unknown-linux-gnulibc1
Then I did 'make bootstrap', and it made everything up to this point fine:
.
.
.
.
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/home/roger/egcs/egcs-971031/libraries/libio'
if [ -n "" ] && [ ! -d pic ]; then \
mkdir pic; \
else true; fi
touch stamp-picdir
rootme=`pwd`/ ; export rootme; \
CC="/usr/home/roger/egcs/egcs-971031/gcc/xgcc -B/usr/home/roger/egcs/egcs-971031/gcc/"; export CC; \
CXX="/usr/home/roger/egcs/egcs-971031/gcc/xgcc -B/usr/home/roger/egcs/egcs-971031/gcc/ -nostdinc++ -g -O2"; export CXX; \
CONFIG_NM="nm"; export CONFIG_NM; \
/bin/sh ./gen-params LIB_VERSION=2.8.0 >tmp-params.h
mv tmp-params.h _G_config.h
test -z "" ||\
/usr/home/roger/egcs/egcs-971031/gcc/xgcc -B/usr/home/roger/egcs/egcs-971031/gcc/ -c -g -O2 -I. -I. -D_G_HAVE_MMAP iogetc.c -o pic/iogetc.o
/usr/home/roger/egcs/egcs-971031/gcc/xgcc -B/usr/home/roger/egcs/egcs-971031/gcc/ -c -g -O2 -I. -I. -D_G_HAVE_MMAP iogetc.c
In file included from iogetc.c:26:
libioP.h:31: bits/libc-lock.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [iogetc.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/roger/egcs/egcs-971031/libraries/libio'
make[1]: *** [all-target-libio] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/home/roger/egcs/egcs-971031'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
The file 'libc-lock.h' is nowhere on the tree, nor is it in any of the
egcs*.tar.gz files that I downloaded from sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk. Should
this file be created in the make or configure process?
If I look in libraries/libio/libioP.h, I see:
#if defined __GLIBC__ && __GLIBC__ >= 2
# include <bits/libc-lock.h>
#else
/*# include <comthread.h>*/
#endif
which suggests to me (correct me if I am wrong) that bits/libc-lock.h
will only be included if glibc2 is available, yet ./configure found
(correctly) that this is a glibc1 (aka libc5) box.
Any clues anyone? Do I have to install glibc2?
TIA
Roger Hill-Cottingham eesrjhc@ee.bath.ac.uk
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list