Building a gcc RPM

Patrick Begou Patrick.Begou@univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Sat Sep 21 07:42:51 GMT 2024


Hi all,

this is a marginal question but I would like to build a rpm package of 
gnu compilers (gcc, g++ and gfortran) built from the git repo to 
propagate the latest version on my cluster nodes. My goal is to deploy 
in /opt/GCC14/compilers/14.2.0 (as under /opt/GCC14 I will have to 
deploy also some tools like OpenMPI for this compiler version) and use 
environment Module to select the desired version.

I'm able to do this with a tar.gz archive of the binaries that I can 
propagate but a rpm package would be easier (or faster) to manage with 
ansible. But I'm stuck for several days on this subject. Many software 
provides spec files or "buildrm.sh" scripts (slurm, pmix...) and may be 
some contributors or GCC users have yet done this successfully. I found 
some src rpm packages but for other distributions (not el9) and I wasn't 
able to use (and modify) their spec file.

Default gcc in el9 is only 11.4.1.

Thanks

Patrick
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/fortran/attachments/20240921/09a4366d/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Fortran mailing list