ping Re: [patch, libgfortran] PR105361 Incorrect end-of-file condition for derived-type I/O

Jerry D jvdelisle2@gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 17:06:02 GMT 2024

On 7/22/24 8:13 AM, Jerry D wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The attached patch fixes this by avoiding looking for and avoiding the
> EOF condition in the parent READ after returning from the child IO process.
>
> I could not think of a simple test case yet since the problem occurred
> only when redirecting the input to the test program via a pipe.  If I
> have some more time today I will try to come up with something.
>
> OK for mainline?
>
> Jerry
>
> commit e6fa9d84cf126630c9ea744aabec6d7715087310 (HEAD -> master)
> Author: Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle@gcc.gnu.org>
> Date:   Sun Jul 21 19:19:00 2024 -0700
>
>      Fortran: Suppress wrong End Of File error with user defined IO.
>
>      libgfortran/ChangeLog:
>              PR libfortran/105361
>              * io/list_read.c (finish_list_read): Add a condition check for
>              a user defined derived type IO operation to avoid calling the
>              EOF error.

I failed to mention that this patch regression tests OK on x86_64.

I also developed the attached test case. This does reproduce the error.
I will update the log entry to reflect this test case.

OK for mainline?