[patch, libgfortran, committed] PR89020

Jerry DeLisle jvdelisle@charter.net
Sun Jan 27 16:54:00 GMT 2019


On 1/27/19 1:13 AM, Janne Blomqvist wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 10:42 PM Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle@charter.net 
--- snip ---
> 
> 
> Checking remove() for an error is a good idea, although speculating why 
> that happened might be confusing if the error happens for some other 
> reason? Particularly so on POSIX systems, where deleting open files is 
> explicitly part of the design.  In generate_error(), we already call 
> gf_strerror() to translate errno to a string, which should give a more 
> accurate description of what went wrong? So maybe just say "File cannot 
> be deleted"?
> 
> And yes, as mentioned in the PR, the second remove should "remove 
> (path)" and not "u->filename".
> 
> -- 
> Janne Blomqvist

Hi Janne,

Yes, I fixed the path mistake last nite. I almost changed that error 
message for the reasons you suggest. I will go ahead and do this later 
today.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Jerry



More information about the Fortran mailing list