[patch, Fortran] Fix PR 60526, variable name has already been declared as a type
Bernhard Reutner-Fischer
rep.dot.nop@gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 20:15:00 GMT 2016
On 5 February 2016 at 11:33, Andre Vehreschild <vehre@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> please note: This is not a review. I don't have the privileges to do so.
>
> In preventing memory clutter I like to advise the use of:
>
> char u_name[GFC_MAX_SYMBOL_LEN + 1];
>
> and safe us all the dynamic memory allocation/free. Furthermore, how
> about switching:
Well. In https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2015-12/msg00005.html Janne
Blomqvist suggested to use the symbol table some more, but i admit i
have not yet tried to understand what that means in the context of the
patch referenced in above mail from december.
That said, i'm with Andre WRT memory fragmentation but maybe that's
not an issue on hosts where gcc is usually run.
I would, however, like to know if there is concensus about such
buffers in gfortran. Do we want them to be heap based or stack based?
thanks,
More information about the Fortran
mailing list