pxfgetenv missing

Arjen Markus arjen.markus895@gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 12:22:00 GMT 2011


Hello Jennifer,

the routine you mention is - if I am not mistaken - part of the
Fortran Posix library.
I am not sure that is automatically linked in, actually in my
installation of GCC 4.6.1
there is no library that has such a routine.

You will probably have to find the correct library and add it to the
link command.

Regards,

Arjen

2011/11/11 Jennifer Brauch <jbrauch@senckenberg.de>:
> Hello,
>
> I run a fortran modell which needs an etxra module. So I compiled both with
> the same compiler (gcc_4.4.5 and gcc_4.6.1).
> When I link the two together, I get this error:
>
>> make
> linking parallel program
> libgrib1.a(copen.o): In function `copen_':
> copen.c:(.text+0x18a): warning: the use of `tempnam' is dangerous, better
> use `mkstemp'
> libgrib1.a(getEnvironment.o): In function `getenvironment_':
> getEnvironment.F:(.text+0xc4): undefined reference to `pxfgetenv_'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [parexe] Error 1
>> module list
> Currently Loaded Modulefiles:
>  1) slurm/2.3.0-2             2) mpi/mvapich2/gcc/64/1.7   3)
> hdf5/gcc_4.4.5/1.8.7      4) netcdf/gcc_4.4.5/4.1.3
>
>
> Now I'm lost. pxfgetenv should be part of gcc as far as I understood it. And
> it worked for me before (meaning, I compile it on the very same computer
> with the very same compiler before without problems). There is a lot of
> change on the computer I'm working on, but what is missing? Where is this
> library?
>
> Many thanks for your help,
>
> jenny
>



More information about the Fortran mailing list