gfortran 4.4 regressions

Tobias Burnus burnus@net-b.de
Mon Jan 19 00:31:00 GMT 2009


Hello,

I think we should try to cut down the number of gfortran regressions
before 4.4 will be frozen/released.

Current 4.4 status:
  98 serious regressions P1/P2/P3 (fulfils criterion < 100 PRs)
of which
  5 are P1 (goal: 0 P1; solution: Fixing or downgrading)
  4 are not yet triaged (= P3)

Richard's guess was that the trunk will not be frozen before 4.3.3 is
released (-> end of this week?) but presumably it will be frozen before
1 February.


To the gfortran regressions: There are 9 bugs; ignoring 4.3-only and
suspended bugs - and the P1 ABI (non)issue, we are left with the
following 5 PRs:

38859  wrong-code  [4.3/4.4 Regression] ubound and lbound treat
structure co...
   (a one-line patch by Mikael exists, which may nor may not be enough)

38887  wrong-code  [4.4 Regression] run-time abort for MVBITS with
run-time ...
38883  [4.4 Regression] ICE for MVBITS with derived type argumen...
  (For these two, something goes wrong with copying/array (un)packing
the TO= argument)

38907  ice-on-valid-code  [4.3/4.4 Regression ] ICE when contained
function has sam...

37754 -- [4.4 Regression] READ I/O Performance regression from 4.3...
  (If I understood correctly, Jerry might have a patch which should
still get in 4.4. I think fixing this can be deferred to 4.5.)

Tobias



More information about the Fortran mailing list