[4.4 Regression?] Re: [Patch,Fortran] PR 38259 - add module version number

Ralf Wildenhues Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de
Wed Feb 18 18:45:00 GMT 2009


* Tobias Burnus wrote on Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 09:15:15AM CET:
> Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> >
> > Why are the dependencies for omp_lib.mod not set correctly in the
> > Makefile.am file?
> >   
> That's not that trivial. Do you really want that
>   libgomp/lib_omp.f90.in
> depends on
>   gcc/fortran/modules.c
> in case the module writing changes in an incompatible way?

I don't know.  I'm asking because I don't know what the contents of the
module file really depend on.  But yes, if they depend on modules.c,
then I think that either there should be a dependency, or if that is too
expensive for the common build case, then there should be some hint in
the documentation stating that this dependency is not reflected in the
build machinery.

> I think having a build into an empty directory should be sufficient for
> such rare cases.

Thanks,
Ralf



More information about the Fortran mailing list