Are type-bound procedures and classes supported yet by gfortran?

Paul Thomas paulthomas2@wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 1 09:40:00 GMT 2008


Richard,
> Hi all,
>
> Thank you for your work on gfortran!  I was wondering if type-bound
> procedures and classes supported yet?
>   
No - just a few compilers do support them right now;  xlf and nag5.1 are 
the ones that I know about.
> This is a subset of the module I'm writting that still shows the
> errors I've included below.  I've been trying to find my errors for
> some time.  Is it simply something that has just gone into my
> programming 'blind spot' or are the features not yet supported?  If
> they aren't supported are there suggestions as to what I should use to
> support them?
>
>   
I'm afraid that you will just have to remove the contains section in the 
derived types and call the functions F95 style.

Paul



More information about the Fortran mailing list