output file problems on powerpc with new installation of gcc/gfortran
Stefanos Folias
sf@math.bu.edu
Fri Jun 15 18:37:00 GMT 2007
This was the solution, and I'll add it to an alias.
Many thanks for the quick response!!
Stefanos
version:
Using built-in specs.
Target: powerpc-apple-darwin8.9.0
Configured with: ../gcc-4.3-20070511/configure --enable-languages=c+
+,java,fortran
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.3.0 20070511 (experimental)
On Jun 15, 2007, at 2:26 PM, Jerry DeLisle wrote:
> Stefanos Folias wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am not sure what information to include, so if advised I'll do
>> my best to provide it.
>> I have been running many previous versions of gfortran without any
>> problems. It's been some time since i have updated and I just
>> installed the latest gcc from http://hpc.sourceforge.net/ for
>> PowerPC. I am running OS X 10.4.9.
>> When I run my code that generates an unformatted output file of a
>> matrix and I load it into Matlab, the data is wildly ranging over
>> hundreds of orders of magnitude, i.e., the data file is no longer
>> being interpreted in the same way as it had before the installation.
>> I am not sure where to start to understand what the problem is.
>> Any advice would be helpful.
> First, show us the output from the command: gfortran -v so we can
> confirm the version number and build information.
>
> Gfortran did undergo some changes from 64-bit record markers to 32-
> bit record markers several months ago and is now compatible with
> Intel format. The 64-bit record markers can be re-enabled with -
> frecord-marker=8.
>
> From the manual:
>
> -frecord-marker=length
> Specify the length of record markers for unformatted files.
> Valid values for length are 4 and 8. Default is 4. This is
> different from previous versions of gfortran, which specified a
> default record marker length of 8 on most systems. If you want to
> read or write files compatible with earlier versions of gfortran,
> use -frecord-marker=8.
>
> I don't know if this is your problem, but you could try this and
> see if it helps.
>
> Jerry
More information about the Fortran
mailing list