[Committed] Fix for ppc64 libgfortran bootstrap failures

Steve Kargl sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Mon Jul 9 19:50:00 GMT 2007


I've committed the attached patch as a fix for the recent
bootstrap failures on powerpc64 linux due to libgfortran.

Both Revital1 Eres and Diego Novillo tested a version of
the patch that used '#if 0 ... #endif' to remove the 
offending code.  I've also verified with Chris, the author
of the ISO C binding path, that the offending code could
be removed.  It is actually reminants from his implementation
of the Fortran 2003 VALUE attribute, which was supplanted 
by a patch from Paul Thomas.

Although this patch fixes the bootstrap failure, I believe,
and Diego as re-inforced my belief, that the Fortran front-end
may be overwriting memory.  It looks like we (gfortran gang)
are due for some valgrind sessions.

I bootstrapped and regression tested this on i386-*-freebsd
and amd64-*-freebsd.  Revital1 and Diego were able to at
least bootstrap on ppc64 linux.


2007-07-09  Steven G. Kargl  <kargl@gcc.gnu.org>

	* trans-decl.c (set_tree_decl_type_code): Remove function.
	(generate_local_decl): Remove reference to set_tree_decl_type_code.

-- 
Steve
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: trans-decl.c.diff
Type: text/x-diff
Size: 2578 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/fortran/attachments/20070709/3031efe0/attachment.bin>


More information about the Fortran mailing list