-m(no-)align-double compatible libgfortran

Tobias Schlüter tobias.schlueter@physik.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Feb 20 17:57:00 GMT 2007


Steve Kargl wrote:
>>> This is a "m"achine specific option which 
>>> should not be touched in the front-end at all.
>> I think most of us Fortran people decided to disagree with you.
> 
> FWIW, I agree with Andrew.

Sorry, I may have gotten a wrong impression from the previous 
discussion(s).  Maybe my belief that interfaces internal to the compiler 
should not be broken by compiler flags skewed my perspective.

Anyway, if there were a patch, would you oppose it?

>> There seems to be only one point where this affects the gfortran/libgfortran 
>> interface, and this can easily be made to work by adding padding to a 
>> structure, independent of whether the option is given or not.
> 
> Have you checked libgomp?

No, admittedly I didn't think of it yet.  A brief scan of its .h files 
revealed no doubles in structures, and only two global doubles (I don't 
know if these can be broken by -malign-double, and aligning them 
wouldn't be hard), so I'm inclined to believe that libgomp is ready for 
-malign-double.

- Tobi



More information about the Fortran mailing list