[Patch, fortran] Typo and grammatical fixes in intrinsic.texi (repost)

Steve Kargl sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu
Thu Aug 24 01:08:00 GMT 2006


On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 05:46:48PM -0700, Brooks Moses wrote:
> :ADDPATCH fortran:
> 
> In looking over Daniel Franke's recent intrinsic.texi patch, I noticed a
> few typos and small errors that were in the original file.

Just to be clear, do I apply Daniel's patch then apply your
patch?  Or, is your patch a composite of Daniel's patch and
your corrections?

> I do have a question for future corrections: in the examples of
> procedure calls, where should spaces be inserted?  Should we have (for
> instance) @code(C = FUN(X,Y[,Z[,KIND]])}, or @code{C = FUN(X, Y, [, Z [,
> KIND]])}, or spaces only some of those places, or...?

I'd go with the first.  When the file is processed to generate
the dvi file, tex will do the kerning for us.

>  Also, in the
> "Syntax" entries, should we have discrete examples for each allowable
> argument combination, or is []-notation allowable there?  In both of
> these cases, the existing documentation is inconsistent.

For the more complicated intrinsics such as TRANSFER and ASSOCIATED,
we may want to give more than one example; whereas the simpler intrinsics
such as SIN and RANDOM_SEED do not need elaborate examples.

-- 
steve



More information about the Fortran mailing list