[Bug fortran/24440] [4.0 regression] gfortran failed to build 187.facerec

THOMAS Paul Richard 169137 prthomas@drfccad.cea.fr
Wed Oct 19 09:17:00 GMT 2005


I committed the patch to resolve.c to fix this problem this morning. 

In addition, I propose to patch the testcase assumed_size_dt_dummy.f90, to
test the fix for PR24440 as follows:

***
/cygdrive/d/gcc-cvs/gcc/gcc/testsuite/gfortran.dg/assumed_size_dt_dummy.f90
Mon Oct 17 22:52:37 2005
--- assumed_size_dt_dummy.f90	Wed Oct 19 10:06:41 2005
***************
*** 1,13 ****
! ! { dg-do compile }
! ! PR20853 - No array size information for initializer.
! ! Contributed by Joost VandeVondele <jv244@cam.ac.uk>
! MODULE TEST
! TYPE init
! INTEGER :: I=0
! END TYPE init
! CONTAINS
! SUBROUTINE try(A) ! { dg-error "cannot have a default initializer" }
!   TYPE(init), DIMENSION(*), INTENT(OUT) :: A
! END SUBROUTINE try
! END MODULE TEST
! END
--- 1,16 ----
! ! { dg-do compile }
! ! PR20853 - No array size information for initializer.
! ! PR24440 - patch for PR20853 caused a segfault at line 12.
! ! Contributed by Joost VandeVondele <jv244@cam.ac.uk>
! MODULE TEST
!   TYPE init
!     INTEGER :: I=0
!   END TYPE init
! CONTAINS
!   SUBROUTINE try (A, B) ! { dg-error "cannot have a default initializer" }
!     TYPE(init), DIMENSION(*), INTENT(OUT) :: A
!     TYPE(init)              , INTENT(OUT) :: B ! PR24440 => segfault
!   END SUBROUTINE try
! END MODULE TEST
! 
! end

Unless anybody has any objections, I will commit this to mainline and 4.0
tonight.

My apologies for any trouble caused.

Paul T



More information about the Fortran mailing list