[Patch, gfortran] PR22304, 17917, 16511, 18870 and 23270 - modules,equivalences and commons
Paul Thomas
paulthomas2@wanadoo.fr
Mon Aug 22 19:09:00 GMT 2005
- Previous message (by thread): [Patch, gfortran] PR22304, 17917, 16511, 18870 and 23270 - modules,equivalences and commons
- Next message (by thread): [Patch, gfortran] PR22304, 17917, 16511, 18870 and 23270 - modules,equivalencesand commons
- Messages sorted by:
[ date ]
[ thread ]
[ subject ]
[ author ]
Richard,
>
> I get the feeling that perhaps an important bit in the standard got
> overlooked here, though, because the above quote has absolutely
> nothing to do with this code. The EQUIVALENCE statement above does not
> have anything to do with any entities in any common blocks. See
> 14.6.1.3(7) in f95. By that condition, the "a" referred to in the
> equivalence statement is not the "a" that is in the common block.
> Instead it is a local variable to the internal procedure bar; it
> blocks host association of the "a" from the main program.
That is what I took the quoted section to mean. I agree that the
example is not hygenic but I think that it is correct. I also agree
with your last sentence above, since the common block is not declared in
the scoping unit of the equivalence. The potential out-of-scope
association, referred to in 14.6.3.3, is via a potential common block in
the same scope as the equivalence.
Paul T
PS Richard, I cannot reply to you directly because your server seems to
object to my ISP.
- Previous message (by thread): [Patch, gfortran] PR22304, 17917, 16511, 18870 and 23270 - modules,equivalences and commons
- Next message (by thread): [Patch, gfortran] PR22304, 17917, 16511, 18870 and 23270 - modules,equivalencesand commons
- Messages sorted by:
[ date ]
[ thread ]
[ subject ]
[ author ]
More information about the Fortran
mailing list