[patch,gfortran] Fix PR17917 - module equivalences (redux)

Paul Brook paul@codesourcery.com
Tue Aug 9 17:20:00 GMT 2005


On Tuesday 09 August 2005 18:05, Paul Thomas wrote:
> Tobi,
>
> >I couldn't see how uniqueness is important, the code only depends on == /
> > != NULL, so I think you should just use
> >+ 	    e->module = gfc_get_string(module_name);
>
> Not so, e->module is used to name the union and is mangled to provide
> the external symbol for the loader.  Since the module can have more than
> one equivalence, they, at very least, have to be numbered.  Ideally, I
> would use a character as a separator that is not legal in fortran
> names.  Each that I tried does strange things to the assembler; eg "#"
> is really wonderful for the pyrotechnics that it causes.

"." is generally a good choice.

Paul



More information about the Fortran mailing list