Hello Algol68 Group

chris hermansen clhermansen@gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 18:58:34 GMT 2026


good evening Navin and everyone

On Fri, Sep 25, 2026, 18:13 Navin Dhanuka <navindhanuka@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am Navin Dhanuka from India.
> I am sort of a small time GeeK & an Information Architect.
>
> I started working on my book series on computing languages, internet & AI
> and thats how I landed on the website of Algol68 Genie. (
> https://algol68genie.nl/).
>
> I am going to study ALGOL68 Genie from the PDF & the mailing list
> archives. And then I will be writing tutorials on it. It would be covered
> in a book and a video tutorial at Udemy.com. The book and the video will
> cover upto 55 programming languages.
>
> If there is anything you can help me with or guide me to, please let me
> know.
>

Writing about Algol 68 is great.

This list mostly focuses on GNU Algol 68 but everyone here is interested in
other Algol 68 information.

In my opinion the Learning Algol 68 Genie book as an excellent resource.
There are many others, and Nelson Beebe has kept us posted on a great
historical archive maintained at his university.

You should familiarize yourself with the Revised Report on Algol 68 which
you can find in PDF form. That is the reference definition.

It is also included in the Genie book.

Given that you plan to come up with a comparative study of various
programming languages you should probably also familiarize yourself with
the Rosetta Code web site which aims to do something similar and is very
extensive.

https://rosettacode.org/wiki/Rosetta_Code

This may also be useful

https://www.algol68-lang.org/resources

Top of the iceberg here but a start.

>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/algol68/attachments/20260925/7e45b04f/attachment.htm>


More information about the Algol68 mailing list